10/17/10

ghetto kitchen #4

Welcome to the weekend edition where we'll be making a really gourmet meal. We're going to try and keep it snappy for three reasons: 1. I've come down with the flu and there's mucous coming out of my eyes 2. I'm using a public computer at the library 3. I've been receiving death threats. Yes, you read that correctly. I believe I've incurred the ire of some free speech activists and my safety has come into question, naturally putting the series under threat of cancellation. Anyway, my stupid blog-mate made me watch that [Jodorowsky movie called Holy Mountain] the other night, and on the whole it was subpar in every category: plot, special effects, dialogue, and sound. What's the point of art nobody gets? And likewise, what's the point of art that's too easily gotten? That's why I like "Water Lilies" by Claude Monet. It really walks that fine line. Because if you didn't know right away what you were looking at because it's all blurry, then you can just look over on the little plaque, and it says right there: "Water Lilies". And same with who painted it. Monet. Bam. John Hancock right there on the front. Anyway I'm a little jumpy so let's get on with it.

Ghetto Kitchen #4: ghetto chicken a la king

ingredients
1 can chicken corn chowder or 1 instant chicken soup packet
1 cup minute rice

prep time
30 seconds

cook time
2 minutes

Cook the minute rice by microwaving with two cups of water. Add the soup and microwave for another minute on medium. Chicken a la King, fit for a king!





No comments:

Post a Comment